We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with data protection law. Please read it carefully. Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or otherwise. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice. In using www.nuxe.com or uk.nuxe.com (our “Site”), you may provide us (directly or indirectly) with personal information.
For any further information, you can contact us
1. Who collects your personal data?
Nuxe Group is comprised of the companies listed below, who may use and store your personal information independently or jointly. Where any of our companies act as joint data controllers, Laboratoire Nuxe will be responsible for any decisions made about how to use your information, keeping it secure, and responding to any requests you may make in relation to your information. When we refer to “us” or “we” in this notice, we are referring to any and all of the companies which form the Nuxe Group:
LABORATOIRE NUXE (our French head office)
Registered office: 19 Rue Péclet, 75015 PARIS
Paris Corporate Register number: 642.060.123
NUXE SPA (who operate our spa locations)
Registered office: 19 Rue Péclet, 75015 PARIS
Paris Corporate Register number: 497.883.587
NUXE UK LIMITED (our UK office)
Registered office: 46 New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1JH
UK Corporate Register number: 0800805
2. When do we collect your data?
- You browse our Site or use our Services on our Site,
- You create an account on our Site,
- You connect to your account on our Site,
- You use your account on our Site,
- You subscribe to our newsletter,
- You place and pay for an order on our Site,
- You use our loyalty programme,
- You provide an opinion or comment through social media or our Site,
- You contact us through various channels including, in particular, our contact forms, by post or by telephone,
- You contact us via our tchat or webcallback,
- You participate in a game or competition, product tests, satisfaction surveys and polls,
- You visit us in the Institute/Spa,
- You share content on social networks by using a hashtag #Nuxe or hashtags that we propose to you,
- You have given your agreement to third parties so that they can send us personal data concerning you,
- You share your content with us,
3. How do we collect your data?
- information collected directly, that you voluntarily provide to us, in particular through collection forms (for example: last name, first name and contact details)
- information collected indirectly, automatically or with your express consent at the time of use of our Site
- information that you provide to a third party where you give them consent to share it with us
- information concerning you coming from other legitimate sources, including sources available commercially, such as public databases, data aggregators, etc.
4. What personal data do we collect?
In this notice, “your personal data” means information or items of information which allow you to be identified directly or indirectly. This generally includes information such as your name, address, profile photo, e-mail address and telephone number, but can also include other information such as your IP address, your buying habits, and information about your lifestyle or your preferences.
Even if the precise details of the personal data that we collect vary according to specific needs, we generally collect the following data:
When you browse on our Site and/or login to your account
your last name, first name, e-mail address, connection data, technical data including your IP address, browsing information concerning your terminal
When you create an account on our Site
your last name, first name, e-mail address, date of birth, type of skin (e.g. oily, combination, dry or sensitive), Facebook ID (if connection linked to Facebook)
When you register for our newsletter
your e-mail address
When you order a product or service offered on our Site
your last name, first name, e-mail address, the content of your order, invoicing address (the type of address: home, work, etc), delivery address, mobile/fixed telephone number
When you pay for the products and/or services ordered on our Site
your last name, first names, order number, the value of the order as well as the number of your credit card and its expiry date
When you sign up for and use our loyalty programme “My club Nuxe&moi”
your last name, first name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, sms registration, preferred point of sale, Facebook ID, till receipts sent, e-mail addresses of sponsors
When you provide an opinion about a product and/or service offered on our Site or our social networks
the content of your opinion
When you provide content on our UGC and our social networks
Content provided (image, photograph, video, opinion, etc)
When you contact our Customer Services
your last name, first name, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, telephone number, order number, the content of your request, and a recording of your call (if you telephone us)..
When you take part in games/competitions, product tests, satisfaction surveys and polls
your last name, first name, e-mail address, date of birth, your content connected to the participation (photographs, videos, opinions, comments etc), Facebook ID.
When you visit the Institute/Spa
your last name, first names, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, data contained in the health questionnaire
When you authorise third parties to send us data
the content of the data that you provide to them
We don’t collect secret data about you, and almost all of the data we hold about you will be voluntarily provided by you, except where we’ve indicated above that it’s collected automatically
5. For what purposes do we collect your data?
- Manage the functioning and the optimisation of our Site and our services and products
- Help accelerate your future activities and experiences on our Site
- Assess the use of our Site, of our products and services and to analyse the effectiveness of our communication campaigns and promotions
- Personalise your experience on our Site and other platforms and to asses anonymously and globally the activity on our Site and other platforms (in particular, we take into account the time when you visited it, if you have already visited it and what site referred you to it)
- Make our Site easier to use and to better adapt our Site, our products and services to your interests and needs
- Administer our business relationship (orders, payment, deliveries, invoices, accounting, satisfaction survey, customer service, etc)
- Manage our loyalty programme and allow you to benefit from its advantages. This processing is conducted subject to your consent
- Manage our customer relationship through our CRM, in order to get to know you better, personalise our products and services and contact you concerning the products and services capable of interesting you (launching of new products, promotional offers, promotional events, beauty lessons and/or demonstrations, PR event, VIP meetings, store opening events, announcements/events, events with shopping centres, department stores, celebrities, magazines, television, Web sites, joint promotions, etc.), on condition that you have given your consent or that you have previously requested a product or service from us and that the communication is relevant or connected to this prior request and made within the times stipulated by the applicable laws.
- Provide you with the products or services that you request from us (requests for information, replying to your questions/comments)
- Provide a customer service accessible by telephone or instant messaging
- Provide sharing tools on our Site and/or social networks
- Provide you with mobile messaging services by which you can receive text or other types of messages from NUXE such as SMS or MMS on your mobile telephone, on condition that you have previously accepted to receive these messages on the mobile number that you have provided to us for this purpose
- Proceed with the verification, identification and authentication of the personal data that you have sent us
- Prevent and detect fraud and malware (malicious software) and manage security incidents
- Manage disputes.
6. For how long to we keep your data?
In accordance with data protection law, we do not keep your data beyond the time strictly necessary for the purposes pursued above
THE TYPE OF DATA
>Data that you have provided in your profile.
>Data concerning your browsing and your use of the Site,
Three (3) years from your last activity on the Site
>Data concerning an order
Three (3) years from your order
>Audience measurement statistics and aggregated data regarding use of our Site
Thirteen (13) months
Three (3) years from its collection or the last contact or the end of the business relationship.
Deleted following the transaction.
Subject to your express agreement, this data can be kept until the expiry date of the bank card.
>Data showing proof of a right or a contract to be established or kept to comply with a statutory obligation
Archiving in accordance with the relevant law.
>Call records and transcripts in order to improve our customer service
Six (6) months following the call.
As required under our administrative, legal, accounting and tax obligations, your data may be archived and kept beyond these periods in accordance with applicable law.
8. Who are the recipients of your data?
9. Where is your data stored?
We may need to transfer your personal data for the purposes set out above to another company of the Nuxe Group or trusted partners located outside of the European Economic Area, whose legislation concerning the protection of personal data differs from that of the European Union.
When these partners are located outside of the European Union, we will ensure that one of the following appropriate safeguards is in place where required (or we will obtain your consent for that transfer):
- A contract for the transfer of data using standard clauses approved by the European Commission,
- Internal company rules approved by the competent authorities,
- Ensuring that these third parties are companies that are registered with the US Privacy Shield Scheme or are in a country which has an “adequacy decision” in place from the European Commission.
We require of our partners that they take all the technical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality and the security of your data.
10. How do we protect your data?
In our capacity as controller, we take all reasonable precautions to protect the security and the confidentiality of your personal data by deploying organisational, technical, software and physical measures and we require from our partners that they do the same.
Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent any unauthorised access, any modification, interference, loss and/or abuse. However, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the perfect security of the transmission or storage of your personal data on the Internet to the extent that the Internet is not an environment sufficiently safe and secure.
11. How can you exercise your rights?
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact useither by sending a letter to the following address:
Service consommateurs, (Consumer Department)
19 Rue Péclet
- or by the contact form
How to do you unsubscribe from our SMS distribution lists?
You can unsubscribe from receiving NUXE SMS in the section
My profile and My addresses of your account or by sending an SMS “STOP” to the number stated in the SMS received.
12. How do we deal with information about children?
Our Site is intended for adults or children who are 16 or over, or have the authorisation of their legal representative allowing them to make an order on the Site.
Except as set out above, we do not knowingly collect or process personal data concerning children.
13. Social networks/Links
As a service provided to our visitors, our Site may contain hypertext links referring to other web sites which are neither operated nor controlled by us.
We are not responsible for the content of such web sites or for the measures of protection of data of third parties who operate them. Please note that their data protection statements, and data protection measures, will be different from ours. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.