The jade roller, a massaging roller with a jade stone, is THE new on-trend beauty accessory! You have no doubt heard of it, but you might still be wondering what secrets are concealed behind its pretty pastel colours? Follow our guide to find out more about its benefits and use.
1. What are the benefits of the jade roller?
First of all, jade is a small stone from China that is widely reputed to repel negative vibes, attract good fortune and soothe the skin. Used since ancient times in skincare and beauty rituals in traditional Chinese medicine, the jade roller is a facial massage tool said to have collagen-stimulating properties. It has long been a favourite with women due its reputation for maintaining youthful-looking skin.
Fast-forward a few years and the jade roller is now making its comeback as a new star in our beauty routines! This is hardly surprising because, as well as being a self-care accessory thanks to its self-massaging application, the jade roller has many advantages for our skin. Its two smooth and gentle jade rollers provide a firming and detoxifying effect on the skin while helping to release tension in the facial muscles.
A truly relaxing experience and a unique sensorial boost for the skin and mind!
2. How should you use it?
Now that you know all about the history and reputed benefits of the jade roller, we will explain a few techniques to help you achieve maximum effectiveness on your skin.
One of the first things to point out is that, as well as massaging the outer contours of your face and below your eyes, you can also use the jade roller on your neck and décolleté. Massage your skin with the jade roller in the morning and/or evening, preferably after applying your serum or day cream.
Use it in combination with the anti-ageing products from the Crème Prodigieuse® Boost, Merveillance® Expert, Nuxuriance® Ultra or Nuxuriance® Gold ranges, the NUXE BIO Organic Essential Antioxidant Serum or the moisturising products from the Crème Fraîche® de Beauté line.
In the morning, it provides a stimulating and invigorating effect, and in the evening, it helps to relax your muscles at the end of the day. You should therefore ideally use it both morning and evening, but at least once a day and regularly to have any real effect on your skin.
3. What massage techniques should you use?
- Start by rolling the wider jade stone up and down your neck muscles to release tension, then continue below the chin to sculpt the outer contours of your face. Then roll the stone from the centre of your face towards the outer edges, and from the outer edges to your cheekbones, pressing gently to increase the toning effect.
- Next, glide the little jade roller up from the corner of your mouth along your nose, applying gentle pressure below your eye. Continue rolling it back and forth above and below your lips to smooth their contours.
- To decongest the eye area, glide the small roller from the inner corner of your eye towards the temple, then from the inner corner of your eyebrow to the outer point. The final focus is the forehead, to smooth out frown lines.
- Finish by smoothing your forehead, always rolling in an upward direction using the wider jade stone. Complete your self-massage by gliding the roller between your eyebrows, over the 3rd eye chakra.
Spend around 5 to 10 minutes on this short dynamic sequence. When you have finished, rinse the roller in water and dry it thoroughly before putting it away.
Top tip: put your jade roller in the fridge for a few hours before you use it to boost the firming and beautifying effects of its massaging rollers.
And to help you become a real jade roller pro and handle this accessory with expert skill, our video shows some very simple techniques you can practise at home to relax your mind and skin. Roll on youthfulness!